‘The Techie Minute’ (Video) – TechCrunch/AOL Brouhaha, Netflix Uproar, and Mea Culpa’s Oh My!
Welcome to the very first installment of ‘The Techie Minute’—a one minute dish on tech gossip of the week, like Talk Soup meets MTV News for the tech world. Yes, this is a raw, homemade video—we’re trying something a little fresh here at HOLLYISCO—a boutique press site covering entertainment technology from Silicon Valley, to Silicon Beach, to Silicon Hills.
HOLLYISCO: The Techie Minute
#1. TechCrunch/AOL Brouhaha
- RT @HOLLYISCO This article is more like “TC Gossip Disrupt” at TechCrunch. | I’m Leaving TechCrunch. Here’s Why. via @techcrunch http://techcrunch.com/2011/09/16/last-post/
- RT @HOLLYISCO TechCrunch has become a clown show, and I totally love it. http://realdanlyons.com/blog/2011/09/17/techcrunch-has-become-a-clown-show-and-i-totally-love-it/
#2. Netflix Uproar
- RT @HOLLYISCO Netflix CEO Reed Hastings just dropped a bombshell. Breaking: Netflix Splits DVD & Streaming Businesses via @techcrunch http://techcrunch.com/2011/09/18/netflix-qwikster/
- RT @HOLLYISCO Super fly or super bummer for GameFly? GameFly’s now got competition: NETFLIX. tinyurl.com/5ud2yog
- RT @HOLLYISCO U’d think they’d check? RT @Lons Branding! @Qwikster Bored as shyt wanna blaze but at the same time I don’t ugh f*ck it // (@ryangallagher)
- RT @HOLLYISCO RT @Mike_FTW Hey @qwikster dude! Whatever Netflix offers you for the account will be a lowball bid. Get in touch dude..have a lawyer for you.
- RT @HOLLYISCO Can’t resist. RT @sacca I just hope @Qwikster can hear all the new follower notification buzzes over the bubbling of his bong water.
#3. Mea Culpa’s – Oh My!
- Michael Arrington stood up for editorial independence and subsequently got canned as Editor of TechCrunch: http://techcrunch.com/2011/09/06/editorial-independence/
- Paul Carr practically fires himself as a TechCrunch writer and pulls a few punches on his way out: http://techcrunch.com/2011/09/16/last-post/
- New TechCrunch Editor, Erick Shonfield, gladly accepts Paul Carr’s resignation: http://techcrunch.com/2011/09/16/paul-i-accept-your-resignation/
- And this guy calls TechCrunch a bunch of clowns: http://realdanlyons.com/blog/2011/09/17/techcrunch-has-become-a-clown-show-and-i-totally-love-it/
- Lastly, Netflix CEO, Reed Hastings, lets it all hang out and personally explains his decisions on splitting Netflix into two businesses on the Netflix blog: http://blog.netflix.com/2011/09/explanation-and-some-reflections.html